The Wagtail admin interface is a suite of Django apps, and so the familiar concepts from Django development - views, templates, URL routes and so on - can be used to add new functionality to Wagtail. Numerous third-party packages can be installed to extend Wagtail’s capabilities.
This section describes the various mechanisms that can be used to integrate your own code into Wagtail’s admin interface.
- Creating admin views
- Generic views
- Template components
- Using forms in admin views
- Adding reports
- Adding new Task types
- Audit log
- Customising the user account settings form
- Customising group edit/create views
- Custom image filters
- Extending client-side behaviour
- Rich text internals
- Extending the Draftail Editor
- Adding custom bulk actions